Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Pura Vida Futsal - Emma Ramagnano in Costa Rica

By Emma Ramagnano, member of the U.S. Youth Futsal Girls U16 team
Today we went on a trip to Pozo Azul. We went whitewater rafting and also went ziplining in the rainforest. 
Throughout the day, I was able to connect with my teammates and learn more about each one of them. We had a blast, while making so many new memories. The first activity we did as a team was whitewater rafting. On the whole bus ride there, a couple other girls and myself were hesitant about the idea of rafting. We all literally thought we were going to die, but it turned out to be the highlight and the best part of my day. Going down the rapids was so thrilling and electrifying! 
My team/boat, also known as "equipo de tigre", was considered the party boat. We were the loudest, most craziest group out on the river. Half way through, we stopped in a calm water area to snack on pineapple and swim. Afterwards we were back on the rapids for more fun. Once rafting ended, we took a bus back to the main facility, where we would attend the next activity, ziplining. 
However, white water rafting was so much fun and pleasurable, ziplining wasn't able to meet the standards. We went from tree to tree and saw beautiful scenery. Also, the cables were leaking some sort of oil, so it would get all over everyone's face and clothing. Even though my clothing was ruined, I had a great time with all my new friends and teammates. 
I hope that all the team bonding activities that we did today will really pay off through our connection on and off the field. 
Ramagnano (second from right) with (from left) Mikayla Kappes, Amber McCorkle, Lauryn Oishi, Ashley Johnson and Alexa Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment