Monday, July 27, 2015

Pura Vida Futsal - Igor Ibrahimkadic in Costa Rica

By Igor Ibrahimkadic, member of the U.S. Youth Futsal Boys U18 team

I began my morning at 3:30 am to board onto a flight at the Louisville airport. I had to make a stop in Miami to switch over to begin my trek to San Jose, Costa Rica. I arrived in Costa Rica and was awaited by Coach Otto Orf. I was the first of all players to arrive at the airport. 

Many other players arrived and we took a bus to the Quality inn hotel. I checked in quickly with the coaches and received my key to the room. I waited in the room until my roommates arrived! 

We had dinner at 5:30-the food was great. Afterwards, we had a group meeting with the coaching staff about our week. Then we received our kits and took pictures. 

So far all teams are getting along very well. I'm excited to play and represent my country. Tomorrow is team bonding -- we are going ziplining and whitewater rafting. Wake up call is 5:45 am and breakfast begins at 6. Goodnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment